Are you one of those people who thinks chicken tastes weird after being reheated? If yes, this is for you! I’ve gathered some of the best meal prep lunch ideas to try if you don’t like reheated chicken for lunch. From ground turkey bowls to vegan meal prep to adult lunchables, here are 20 Meal Prep Ideas for People Who Can’t Stand Reheated Chicken!
First of all, let me say that if you can’t stand reheated chicken, you are not alone! I’ve seen this complaint in almost every meal prep group I’m a part of, and even heard it in person from friends and family. I myself have no problem with reheated chicken, so it’s not something I normally think about.
Admittedly, when I first hear this complaint, I want to know how you cook your chicken, how you store your chicken, and what recipes you follow to make your chicken. Is the chicken plain or seasoned well? Do you serve it with a sauce, or eat it by itself? These factors have A LOT to do with how moist or juicy your leftover chicken will be.
But this is such a common complaint, there must be people out there who DO cook their chicken correctly, and still just do not prefer to eat it reheated. Here are some of the quotes I’ve seen regarding feelings towards reheated chicken:
- “I can’t stand reheated chicken and most recipes I see involve chicken.”
- “When I meal prep chicken breast, it tastes so different when reheated. I don’t like it.”
- “What are your favorite non-chicken lunches? I’m weird and don’t like chicken reheated lol”
- “I have a strange aversion to reheated chicken and fish.”
- “I hate the taste of warmed over reheated chicken… having a hard time eating leftovers without drenching it in ranch”
Do any of these quotes sound like you?? DON’T WORRY. I’m here with ideas! The good news is there are several other protein options besides chicken that DO reheat well, and lots of cold lunch ideas you may have never thought about! Try one of these 20 Meal Prep Ideas for People Who Can’t Stand Reheated Chicken and keep your meal prep game strong 💪
- How to Meal Prep for Beginners
- The Best Meal Prep Containers: My Recommendations
- 10 Steps of Meal Prepping: Recipe Ideas for Beginners
- 10 Staple Meal Prep Foods Always in My Kitchen
Quick Links to Meal Prep Containers Seen in This Post:
Are you someone who can’t stand reheated chicken? Did you try one of these meal prep ideas? I’d love to know which ones look good to you! Share your meal prep with me by tagging @ProjectMealPlan or use the hashtag #projectmealplan and I’ll be able to find it!