A simple blend of nuts, fruit and cinnamon make these bars my new snack go-to. No-Bake Cinnamon Apple Date Bars are naturally sweetened with dates and take just a few minutes to prepare – without heating up the oven!
Sometimes a new recipe idea formulates in the back of my mind, and I jot it down. That’s what happened here. And after wayyyy too much time went by, other recipes, other ideas, other events… I finally tried it out.
And WOAH. WHY DID I PROCRASTINATE THIS ONE. Seriously forget any other snacks I’ve ever posted on here. This is the new star.
The idea sprouted from the first time I used dates to make a snack bar style item, in the amazing Nutty Espresso Bars from Paleo Scaleo. The idea of using dates to sweeten and hold snacks together is genius, in my opinion.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Method: No Heat
Prep: Make-Ahead Friendly
Watch how to Make these No-Bake Apple Cinnamon Bars (1 min 25 secs):
The dried apples are from Trader Joe’s – just be careful not to buy the sweetened ones. I haven’t tried making these bars with fresh apples, but honestly I don’t even want to.
Using the dried pre-sliced apples saves so many steps. Not to mention the taste is phenomenal and I just don’t think it can be messed with. Dates are so naturally sweet and sticky that absolutely no other sweeteners are added to these bars!
How do you make these No-Bake Cinnamon Apple Date Bars?
A food processor is required for this recipe, so bust it out! Use the food processor to chop the nuts first, then add all the remaining ingredients except water.
Pulse for a while until everything is pretty blended, then drizzle the water into the bowl of the processor and pulse a few more times. The mixture should start to stick together and easily hold when squeezed in your hand.
Finally, use some parchment paper to help flatten out the mixture in an 8×8 baking pan also lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, then cut, and ta da!! The best snack bars you’ve ever made at home. No oven required!
How to store prepared No-Bake Cinnamon Apple Date Bars:
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, wrapped individually or in a sealed container.
These No-Bake Cinnamon Apple Date Bars are naturally sweetened with dates and take just a few minutes to prepare – without heating up the oven!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 cup unsweetened dried sliced apples, packed (I used dried apple rings from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add walnuts and cashews to a food processor and pulse several times until the nuts are chopped into very small pieces.
- Add dates, apples, cinnamon and salt to the food processor, and continue to pulse for about 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Drizzle water around inside the food processor bowl. Pulse 2-3 times until the mixture becomes sticky, and holds together when squeezed in your hand.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, and dump the mixture into the dish. Use additional parchment paper or a large bottom glass to flatten the mixture out to all sides of the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, then cut into 8 bars and enjoy. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, wrapped individually or in a sealed container.
Inspired by Nutty Espresso Bars from Paleo Scaleo. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 30g