These No-Bake Cinnamon Apple Date Bars are naturally sweetened with dates and take just a few minutes to prepare – without heating up the oven!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 cup unsweetened dried sliced apples, packed (I used dried apple rings from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add walnuts and cashews to a food processor and pulse several times until the nuts are chopped into very small pieces.
- Add dates, apples, cinnamon and salt to the food processor, and continue to pulse for about 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Drizzle water around inside the food processor bowl. Pulse 2-3 times until the mixture becomes sticky, and holds together when squeezed in your hand.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, and dump the mixture into the dish. Use additional parchment paper or a large bottom glass to flatten the mixture out to all sides of the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into 8 bars and enjoy. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, wrapped individually or in a sealed container.
Inspired by Nutty Espresso Bars from Paleo Scaleo. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
Keywords: snacks, dates, apples, snack bars, nuts