To aid our constant effort to cook in bulk (yay leftovers!), we buy most of our meat at Costco. This includes ground turkey meat, which I substitute for ground beef always. The meat we buy come in packs of four, each about 1.25-1.5 pounds of ground turkey, and I am always on the hunt for ways to use one entire package in a single recipe. Feta Basil Turkey Burgers – my FAVORITE ground turkey recipe yet! (jump to recipe!)
I’m SO thankful I came across this Feta Basil Turkey Burger recipe from Joanne at Fifteen Spatulas. This version of the recipe is meant to be made in bulk, so you can use them in your meal plan/prep! Of course they are absolutely perfect to make on a Sunday, and then it just takes a minute in the microwave to have one ready anytime during the week. These things stay juicy and delicious, with the basil and feta making the perfect Greek party in your mouth.
I would definitely recommend using a cast iron skillet to get the perfect brown. Serve with your choice of bun and veggie toppings (or lettuce bun!). Prepare to eat one when you make them on Meal Prep Sunday… That may or may not be what I did (it was).
You should definitely try out these turkey burgers for a meal prep idea – they reheat super easily! Plus no weird smells for your co-workers. One of my recent Sunday Meal Preps consisted of two bun-less burgers with roasted carrots and broccoli. Super filling!! You can freeze them too! Enjoy the Feta Basil Turkey Burgers.Print
Feta Basil Turkey Burgers
Ground turkey burgers packed with feta cheese and fresh basil cooked right inside are spot on!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 burgers
- 1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey meat
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 5-6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- your choice of bun and burger toppings
- Using a stand mixer on low or a spatula, add turkey meat, feta cheese, worcestershire sauce, egg, basil, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir until just mixed.
- Form half of the burger mix into 4 patties and place on a clean surface. They’ll be loose and sticky, so try not to handle them TOO much.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot. Place the four burgers in the preheated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the burger’s internal temperature is 165, and then remove from heat.
- Cook remainder of burgers in same manner and use the second half of burger mixture to form additional burgers all mixture is used. The recipe should make approximately 8-9 burgers.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 22.1g
Stay tuned for this and other recipes to be included in our weekly meal plans at Project Meal Plan!
Recipe adapted from Feta Basil Turkey Burgers by FifteenSpatulas.