These Feta Basil Turkey Burgers make a wonderful weeknight dinner and are a perfect use of ground turkey! Packed with feta cheese and fresh basil for flavor plus applesauce for moisture, these burgers are deliciously juicy!
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey meat
- 2/3 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (8–10 leaves)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- avocado oil, for cooking
- your choice of bun and burger toppings
- Make burger mixture: To a large mixing bowl, add turkey meat, feta cheese, basil, egg, applesauce, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to gently mix until just combined.
- Form burgers: Use your hands to form the mixture into 6 patties and place them on a plate or sheet plan lined with parchment paper. They’ll be loose and sticky; try not to handle them too much.
- Cook burgers: Heat about 1/2 tablespoon of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot. Place 3 burgers in the preheated skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is 165F, and then remove from heat to a plate. Add additional oil if needed and cook the second batch burgers in the same method to make 6 burgers total.
- Serve & store: Toast buns and serve burgers with additional crumbled feta and your choice of toppings. Store leftover burgers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe adapted from Feta Basil Turkey Burgers by FifteenSpatulas. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 22.1g
Keywords: burgers, ground turkey, feta cheese, fresh basil, turkey burger, main dish