Ground turkey burgers packed with feta cheese and fresh basil cooked right inside are spot on!
- 1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey meat
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 5–6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- your choice of bun and burger toppings
- Using a stand mixer on low or a spatula, add turkey meat, feta cheese, worcestershire sauce, egg, basil, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir until just mixed.
- Form half of the burger mix into 4 patties and place on a clean surface. They’ll be loose and sticky, so try not to handle them TOO much.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot. Place the four burgers in the preheated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the burger’s internal temperature is 165, and then remove from heat.
- Cook remainder of burgers in same manner and use the second half of burger mixture to form additional burgers all mixture is used. The recipe should make approximately 8-9 burgers.
Recipe adapted from Feta Basil Turkey Burgers by FifteenSpatulas.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 22.1g