The only way to cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi is in your air fryer! With just some avocado oil, you’ll have crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside cauliflower gnocchi. Serve with marinara for a simple app or side dish. This is How to Cook Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer!
Trader Joe’s freezer section to the rescue, again! The amount of time I’ve spent testing out frozen Trader Joe’s foods in my air fryer is A LOT (check out 10 Trader Joe’s Foods That Are Perfect for Your Air Fryer).
And I’m not even close to done! These cauliflower gnocchi are the epitome of air fryer perfection. Combined with a super clean ingredient list – they needed a post of their own.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Method: Air Fryer
Prep: 5 Ingredients or Less
Watch How to Cook Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer (1 minute 11 seconds):
What are the ingredients in Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi?
If you’ve never tried the TJ’s cauli gnocchi, let me break it down for you. I was pleasantly surprised when I read the ingredients list on the package. Here’s what inside the Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi:
- cassava flour
- potato starch
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Is Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi actually healthy?
The word ‘healthy’ has a different meaning for everyone, but in my opinion, yes! Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi is a healthy option. Here’s why I think so:
- clean ingredients list – I can read and recognize all ingredients on the list noted above
- a dose of cauliflower – According to the TJ’s website, these things are about 75% cauliflower!
- less carbs and calories than pasta – I don’t count calories, but I do make swaps when I can.
- paleo friendly – No wheat, sugar, dairy, or eggs are included, so if I want a paleo app option, this is it!
What do you need to make Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer?
Here’s everything you’ll need to cook cauliflower gnocchi in an air fryer:
- an air fryer (more on that later!)
- one bag of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi – freezer section! I buy 2 or 3 at a time.
- some avocado oil – I actually do not use avocado oil spray for this recipe. During testing, I found that the cauliflower gnocchi needed a generous amount of oil to properly crisp up in the air fryer.
- a little salt – helps with taste and getting the outside of each gnocchi crispy!
- marinara sauce, for serving – I prefer to dunk every single piece of crispy gnocchi into a full bowl of sauce. Best and only way to enjoy these, if you ask me.
What temperature do you cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer?
I cook the cauliflower gnocchi at a temperature of 375F in the air fryer.
How long do you cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer?
The cauliflower gnocchi will take 15-20 minutes to cook in an air fryer.
How do you make Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer?
Step 1: Pour the entire bag of gnocchi to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add avocado oil and salt, then mix with some tongs until all gnocchi are completely coated with oil.
For most of my air fryer recipes, I use avocado spray oil. But for this recipe, I stick with regular oil from the bottle.
During testing, I noticed the cauliflower gnocchi need a generous amount of oil to properly crisp up in the air fryer.
Step 2: Pour the coated gnocchi into the air fryer basket (if there’s extra oil in the bowl, just leave that there).
Set the air fryer to 375F and cook for 15-20 minutes. Every 5 minutes, shake the basket and use tongs to separate any gnocchi that are stuck together.
Step 3: The cauliflower gnocchi are done when they are golden brown and crispy to your liking! Enjoy with marinara sauce for best taste!
What air fryer do you use?
If you’ve read any of my previous air fryer recipe posts, you may know that I had a Philips 2.75 qt Viva Air Fryer . Two years later, I decided to upgrade to a bigger and better version.
Now I’m fully in love with this Cosori XL 5.8 qt Air Fryer . More space = more air frying power = more amazing air fried food!
How long does the cauliflower gnocchi last after it is cooked?
This version of cauliflower gnocchi is best serve right after it’s cooked. If you don’t want to eat the whole bag, you can simply leave half the bag in the freezer for later.
How to store prepared cauliflower gnocchi:
Store leftover prepared TJ’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I think this recipe is best when it’s enjoyed right after preparing. You can leave uncooked gnocchi in the freezer if you don’t want to prepare the whole bag at one time.
How to reheat prepared cauliflower gnocchi:
Reheat cauliflower gnocchi in the air fryer at 350F for 5-7 minutes until hot and sizzling again!
The only way to cook Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi is in your air fryer! With just avocado oil and salt, you’ll have crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside cauliflower gnocchi. Serve with marinara for a simple app or side dish. This is How to Cook Cauliflower Gnocchi in an Air Fryer!
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen bag of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- serve with marinara sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- Mix it up: Add the entire bag of cauliflower gnocchi to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add avocado oil and salt, then mix until all gnocchi are completely coated with oil (I do not use spray oil for this since we want a thick coating of oil).
- Air fry it: Pour the oil coated gnocchi into the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 375F and cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket and using tongs to separate any stuck together gnocchi every 5 minutes. The cauliflower gnocchi are done when they’re golden brown and crispy to your liking! Best served immediately with marinara sauce.
Serves 3-4 as a side, 4-6 as an appetizer. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and does not include marinara.
- Serving Size: ~ 1.5 cups
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g