These Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips are here to satisfy your crunchy savory snack needs! Make perfect bagel chip dippers in just 15 minutes. Slice, season, air fry and enjoy with whipped cream cheese or your favorite dip!
Jump to Recipe
For me, bagel chips used to be a thing of cafes and sunny days. Example: the Hawaiian cafe by the beach sells bagel chips with a perfect whipped cream cheese for dipping!
But then I saw them at Costco. And I realized bagel chips do not have to be limited to restaurant purchases – I could make them at home! And what better way than with the magic of an air fryer??
What are the ingredients in these Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips?
The ingredients in these bagel chips are super common and easy. Besides the bagels, I bet you already have everything else you need. Here’s a quick rundown of the ingredients:
- everything seasoned bagels – Try to find bagels that have not been sliced! I got mine at Costco. The individual bagels from the bakery section of grocery stores are usually not sliced yet, but most packaged bagels are.
- olive oil – Usually, I recommend avocado oil spray for air frying, but just like with my Air Fryer Croutons, here, we do want to lovely olive oil taste to help season our bagel chips.
- garlic powder – Adding a little more seasoning to the bagel chips is the best move. Yes, there is a little bit of seasoning on the bagel, but I find that most of it falls off during cutting and cooking. Adding a little extra powdered seasoning gives it the umph taste you want!
- onion powder – Same as garlic powder, we want more flavor! There’s a few onion flakes in the everything seasoning already on the bagels, but a lot of it falls off. The combo of oil and powdered seasoning is what keeps the seasoning stuck to the chips.
- salt – Adding a small amount of salt helps with flavor! This is optional, as the everything bagels may already have a bit of salt in the seasoning, but some of it falls off.
How do you make the Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips?
Here’s how to make these super easy Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips:
Start with your bagel of choice on a cutting board. Use a bread knife to cut the bagel in half vertically, opposite of how you would normally slice a bagel.
Next, continue to cut the bagel vertically as evenly as possible into 1/4 inch or smaller slices until the entire bagel is cut. You should end up with 35-45 slices total.
Place bagel slices into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, including olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Use some tongs to gently mix everything together until the oil and spices are evenly distributed.
Time to air fry! Dump the seasoned bagel slices into the air fryer basket. Try to spread them into an even layer. Some of the chips will overlap a little, that’s okay.
Air fry at 300F for 10 minutes, shaking and flipping the bagel chips halfway through cooking. The bagel chips are done when they are golden brown to your preference.
Can I use regular bagels instead of everything bagels?
Yes! You can use any kind of bagel you’d like. I just happen to really like everything bagels.
Everything bagels are a type of bagel with a delicious mix of seasoning on top, usually including onion flakes, garlic flakes, black poppy seeds, white sesame seeds, and salt.
If you try a sweeter bagel for your bagel chips, just leave off the extra spices. Maybe sub the onion/garlic for some cinnamon and sugar? Yum!!
Where do I find unsliced bagels?
I got my unsliced bagels at Costco. I think *most* packaged bagels will come already sliced. Look for ones that are not sliced!
However, you could also head to the bakery section of most grocery stores and grab a couple bagels from the single serve area. Those ones aren’t sliced and you don’t have to buy a whole pack at a time! Perfect for air fryer bagel chips.
Testing notes for these Bagel Chips:
Here are some things I learned while testing this Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips recipe:
- Doubling – I would suggest air frying only one bagel’s worth of chips at a time. I tried making these chips with two bagel’s of chips in the basket at once (double the recipe). They took longer and were much less evenly cooked than the batch made with only one bagel at a time.
- Seasoning – Making the bagel chips without adding any more seasoning was pretty lacking. So I added more everything bagel seasoning. Most of the seasoning actually fell off because the pieces of onion flakes and garlic flakes are pretty big. I changed it up and went with some extra garlic & onion powder instead. Result was more flavorful bagel chips because the seasoning stuck to the oil and didn’t fall off!
What should you serve these bagel chips with?
Easy solid, no hassle choice: Whipped cream cheese!
Next level great choice: My favorite Hot Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip!
They can also be enjoyed plain without any dip!
Alternative flavor and customization ideas:
Here are some ways to change up this recipe and make it your own:
- Use a different kind of bagel: What about a cinnamon raisin bagel for bagel chips? Now I just want to try that!
- Use different seasonings: Try using a plain bagel and then adding some of your favorite seasonings along with the oil. Garlic parmesan! Cajun bagel chips. Cinnamon sugar!
What kind of air fryer do you use?
The air fryer I have currently, and the one that is pictured in this post is the Cosori XL 5.8 qt Air Fryer . If you’re going to invest in an air fryer to cook things for 2 or more people, you should opt for a larger size like this one, in my opinion!
I previously had a slightly smaller Philips Air Fryer with a metal grate basket which I liked, but I prefer the larger Cosori model with the nonstick coated basket.
Can you meal prep this recipe?
Yes, this recipe is a great prep ahead snack, especially a good one to make if you have leftover bagels.
You can make these Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips up to 7 days in advance. Though for best quality, try to enjoy them within 4-5 days.
I actually think these bagel chips taste the best the day after they are made!
How long do these Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips last?
These bagel chips will last up to 7 days in a sealed container kept at room temperature. I would not recommend freezing this recipe.
These Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips are here to satisfy your crunchy savory snack needs! You can have these perfect bagel chip dippers in just 15 minutes. Slice, season, air fry and enjoy with whipped cream cheese or your favorite dip!
- 1 large everything seasoned bagel, unsliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Prep the bagel: Place your bagel on a cutting board and use a bread knife to cut in half vertically, opposite of how you would normally slice a bagel. Next, one half at a time, cut the bagel as evenly as possible into 1/4 inch or smaller slices (see photos above) until the entire bagel is cut.
- Mix ingredients: Place bagel slices into a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Use tongs to gently mix until the oil and spices are evenly distributed.
- Air fry: Dump the seasoned bagel slices into the air fryer basket. Try to spread them into an even layer (some may overlap a little, it’s okay). Air fry at 300F for 10 minutes, shaking and flipping the bagel chips halfway through cooking. The bagel chips are done when they are golden brown to your preference.
- Serve & store: Serve the bagel chips with whipped cream cheese or my favorite Hot Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip. Store in a sealed container on the counter and enjoy within 7 days.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and will vary depending on your chosen ingredients and specific brands used.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 469
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 13g
Did you make these Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chips? I want to see how they turned out, especially if you changed it up and made a different kind! Tag me in your social media post and use #projectmealplan when you share!