Cozy chicken soups, all forms of potatoes, warm breakfasts, literally anything steamy and cheesy. That’s my cold weather food vibe! Here are my Favorite Winter Recipes For Your Next Meal Plan – breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas!
Here’s what all my Favorite Winter Recipes have in common:
- All of these recipes are served hot – which is my preference in the chilly Winter! Perhaps obvious, but worth saying.
- These are all various levels of comfort food for me. From the brown sugar maple oatmeal to the Jojo Potato Wedges, lots of these recipes remind me of things I ate as a kid!
- All use easy to find ingredients usually with Winter inspiration like squash or chicken soup.
Things this list of Winter Recipes is missing:
My list of Favorite Winter Recipes is just that – favorites! Yes, I still eat salad and other seasonal foods in the Winter. Here are some Winter recipe ideas from other sites that look amazing:
- Winter Crunch Salad – This is the kind of winter salad I want to try! Kale, brussel sprouts (raw only for me please), apples! Yum.
- Ultimate Creamy Potato Soup – Potatoes + soup + cheese. Now this is winter comfort food at its finest. Sign me up. Seconds please!
- Chicken Marsala – Somehow I’ve never made or had this dish, but it looks so good and I’m adding it to my to-try list!
- Shepherd’s Pie – I don’t have my own recipe for this, but we love any version! I’ve linked my friend Steph’s version made from leftover cooked roast beef!
Here are some of my favorite tools for cooking in the Winter:
- Instant Pot – My Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 Qt (affiliate link!) was so trusty, I never got the burn signal once! I had it for years and recently gave it to my sister, who is also loving it. The Instant Pot is the best for soups, meaning it’s the perfect Winter food appliance!
- Air Fryer – I use a Cosori XL 5.8 qt Air Fryer (affiliate link!) and I love it! I use it almost daily. This is a larger size which I recommend for households of two or more.
- Dutch Oven – I splurged on a Le Creuset but a Lodge 6 qt Cast Iron Dutch Oven (affiliate link!) will do the trick!
- Souper Cubes – These 2-Cup Souper Cubes Trays (affiliate link!) were sent from the soup gods above to help meal preppers everywhere! I use them constantly. Best for freezing perfect sized portions for later!
How to start meal planning:
For an easy method to get you started with meal planning, check out my article 5 Steps to Help You Make a Meal Plan That Works!
The best way to meal plan is a little bit different for everyone – some use a mobile app, some write on a laminated sheet with dry erase marker, some simply keep a note with meals listed in their phone.
The only way to know what works best for yourself is to start and give it a try. If it doesn’t work very well, try another method instead.
Here are some of my Favorite Winter Recipes for Your Next Meal Plan:
Have you made any of these Winter recipes?! Let me know your favorites in the comments below!