Check out this super easy crock pot taco chili to help clear out your pantry! Set it and forget it 🙂
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 green pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, Trader Joe’s smoke seasoning (sub another 1/2 teaspoon paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Toppings: fresh lime juice, shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, etc
- Starting with the chicken thighs, add all ingredients to a large crock pot except the cream cheese and toppings. Stir briefly to mix. Cover and set crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove fully cooked chicken from crock pot and shred. Return to the crock pot. Add cream cheese and stir until evenly dispersed. Cover and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir to ensure the cream cheese is melted. Serve immediately with toppings or store in the fridge for up to 4 days in airtight containers!
This recipe is part of my Pantry Clean Out Challenge for April 2017!
Adapted from Crockpot Creamy Taco Chili from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Video added on 4/11/17.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of crock pot
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 37g