The best use of your holiday leftovers! A stuffing and mashed potato pancake, turkey, and provolone cheese topped with a fried egg!
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup leftover stuffing/dressing
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces leftover turkey meat (my favorite is smoked turkey!)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the potato stuffing mixture in half, and use your hands to form each half into a large oval shape, around half an inch thick. The patties should be similar to the shape and size of your bread. Place patties directly onto the hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on the outside, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes until browned. Add cheese after flipping.
- While the patties continue to cook, place your leftover turkey in the pan around your patties. Flip turkey pieces after 2 minutes and cook until completely warmed.
- Use your toaster to toast the bread to your preferred color of toastiness.
- Assemble the sandwich to this point. A lot of the previous steps can be multitasked, but give the eggs your full attention! Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over low heat. Crack eggs gently into the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes or until the whites are cooked through. Egg options: 1) Remove from pan for soft yolks (like the pictures!). 2) Flip eggs and cook for another minute for less soft yolk. 3) Flip, cut yolks and cook for another minute for loosely scrambled eggs.
- Place cooked eggs on top of assembled sandwiches, add the last piece of bread and enjoy!
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and is highly variable based on cooking methods of all leftovers used in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 650
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Protein: 64g