Creamy whipped Greek yogurt plus homemade strawberry sauce equals these Strawberry Whipped Yogurt Cups – naturally sweetened, 6g of protein per serving, and perfectly portioned for dessert meal prep!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, roughly chopped (about 2-2.5 cups packed; or 12-16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon’s worth)
- pinch sea salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together (can sub arrowroot)
Whipped Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup whole fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Make the strawberry sauce: Place the strawberries, honey, lemon juice, and salt into a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Continue simmering for about 10 minutes total, until the strawberries are very soft. Add the starch slurry (optional for thickening), then cook for about 2 more minutes as the sauce begins to thicken. Remove the sauce from heat. Add the sauce to a wide/shallow dish and place it in the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes. The sauce can also be made a few hours ahead or the night before!
- Whip the Greek yogurt: Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or use a hand mixer. Begin mixing on low for about 20 seconds, until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt, then increase power to the highest speed. Continue whisking for about 2 minutes, pausing to push down the sides and give it a quick stir. Blend for another 2 minutes. It will thicken slightly in the fridge overnight.
- Assemble yogurt cups: Once the strawberry sauce is chilled to at least room temperature, take about 1/4 cup of the strawberry sauce and mix it into the whipped Greek yogurt. Distribute all of the whipped Greek yogurt and all of the strawberry sauce evenly between four cups or bowls with airtight lids (at least 8 ounces). Put the fruit on the bottom, on the top, or make layers like a parfait. Top with fresh strawberries if desired. Lasts up to 5 days in the fridge.
Based on a combination of my original recipes for Whipped Greek Yogurt (this post has a video!) and Easy Strawberry Sauce. For the cups, I used half pint mason jars purchased at my local grocery store. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 yogurt cup
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: dessert, strawberries, greek yogurt, whipped yogurt, dessert cups