Store-Bought Vs. Homemade Pesto: Which is Cheaper? Here’s a delicious homemade pesto recipe!
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 3–4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to the food processor.
- Pulse until nearly blended. Add about half of the olive oil. Pulse again, then add remaining olive oil and pulse until completely mixed.
- Store in an air tight container and use within 5-6 days. Cover the top of the pesto with extra olive oil for a little extra freshness.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 6g