Spiced Berry Bliss Balls are the perfect bite sized snack that both kids and adults will love! Full of nuts, sweetened with fruit, and blended with freeze-dried strawberries for a unique pink treat at 80 calories each!
- 2 cups unsweetened freeze-dried strawberries (equals about 1 bag of TJ’s Freeze Dried Strawberries)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup pitted deglet noor dates (18-19 dates) see note
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water
- To an 8-cup or larger capacity food processor, add freeze-dried strawberries. Pulse for 20-30 seconds until no large pieces remain. Be careful – the strawberries will start to form a dusty powder. Let your food processor sit for a couple seconds so the dust inside settles before opening.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the finest strawberry dust from the food processor into a small bowl and set aside for rolling (you only need a couple tablespoons worth). Larger pieces won’t stick to the bliss balls very well, so be sure to only scoop out the fine dust powder that gathers along the outside rim of the food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the dried cranberries. Pulse and blend ingredients together for at least 1 minute. The longer you process the ingredients, the smaller they’ll become and the better they’ll stick together.
- Add dried cranberries to the food processor and pulse a few times to mix but not chop the dried cranberries.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and pulse between additions. The water will help the mixture begin to stick together. Pulse again until the mixture becomes sticky and holds together in your hand. Add another tablespoon of water if the mixture isn’t sticky enough.
- Use gloves or clean hands to form the mixture into 16-18 balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter. When forming the bliss balls, it works best to first squeeze the mixture tightly together in your hand a couple times and then work on forming the ball.
- Roll each ball in the freeze-dried strawberry powder for a pink color and extra strawberry coating! Keep refrigerated and eat with 5 days.
If your dates are not sticky or if they particularly dry, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes and drain before use.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 2g