This Roasted Veggie Pesto Pasta Salad is simple, easy to customize, and so delicious! Use whatever soft veggies you have on hand to create this versatile side dish. Plus it’s great for meal prep – make-ahead and serve cold!
- 4–5 cups soft veggies, cut into 1 inch pieces (any mix of mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, bell peppers, individual garlic cloves, or other soft veggies)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces corkscrew, fusilli, or penne style pasta
- 1/4 cup traditional prepared pesto
- Roast the veggies: Preheat the oven to 425F. Cut the veggies all roughly the same size, about the size of a quartered mushroom. This will help them cook more evenly. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and dump all the cut veggies on the pan. Add the avocado oil, salt and pepper, then toss the veggies with your hands until they’re coated with oil and spread in a single layer on the pan. Roast in the oven for 22-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. The mushrooms should be browned and the edges of other veggies should be starting to crisp. If you tossed any garlic on the pan to roast, remove it from the wrappers and mash with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the pasta: Once you get your veggies in the oven, get some water boiling. Follow the package directions for your chosen pasta and cook to al dente. When the pasta is done, rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Mix everything together: In a large mixing bowl (with a lid!), add the cooled cooked pasta, the roasted veggies, the pesto, and the mashed roasted garlic if you opted to include it. Gently mix everything together and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve! Store in a sealed container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days. The roasted veggies will get a little mushy by day 3, but it is still good to eat.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: ~ 1 cup
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: pasta, pesto, roasted vegetables, pesto pasta, cold pasta, pasta salad, side dish, vegetables