Perfect for potlucks, holidays, or just for you because you love it that much, this Quinoa Mint Fruit Salad is filled with a delicious rainbow of berries, kiwi, banana, and mandarins. The quinoa and fresh fruit are tossed with a honey lime mint dressing for a refreshing salad everyone will enjoy!
- 2/3 cup uncooked white quinoa (or 2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint, loosely packed
- juice of 1 lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounce can mandarins, drained (no sugar added; OR use 3–4 small fresh mandarins)
- 2 bright yellow bananas, peeled and sliced
- Cook the quinoa: Cook 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa in water, according to package directions. You can also use 2 cups precooked quinoa. See notes for alternative cooking options.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk mint, lime juice and honey until well mixed.
- Put it together: In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with all the fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mandarins & bananas), then pour the dressing over the top and combine until well mixed. Serve immediately, or prepare up to 6 hours in advance for best appearance.
- Storage: The leftovers will keep for up to 4 days; however the strawberries will start to bleed into the quinoa and the bananas will get a bit mushy, but it will still taste good.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: fruit salad, salad, quinoa, cold dish, potluck food, recipe, honey, lime, mint