Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Bread Squares are the ultimate fall treat – zucchini bread crossed with pumpkin bars!
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 3/4 cup before removing liquid)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Wrap the grated zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar, then add butter, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt). Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add zucchini and chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool for at least two hours before cutting into 16 squares. Store in the refrigerator and consume within 5 days.
Adapted from Pumpkin Zucchini Bread Recipe from Taste of Home. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 2g