Pizza Chicken Roll Ups Meal Prep is a creative and lightened-up meal prep option complete with cheese and pepperoni stuffed chicken thighs, Parmesan cauliflower rice, and a side of pineapple (for the pizza of course!).
- 6 fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 20 ounces)
- 18 pepperoni slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (or more if you like it saucy)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (about 16 ounces or 1 head)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 + 1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken thighs to about 1/4 of an inch thick. Lay the chicken thighs out flat on a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Add 3-4 pepperonis on each chicken thigh, 2-3 bell pepper strips, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, all placed towards one end of the chicken thigh. Roll the chicken *tightly* from the end with the pepperoni (so it’s tucked in the middle!), and use a toothpick to hold everything together once rolled. Spoon a bit of pizza sauce on top of each pizza roll.
- Cook pizza chicken rolls in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked to 165F. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a little bit of extra mozzarella cheese, and then return to the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty. Once cooled, pre-cut each pizza chicken roll and then add an even amount to each meal prep container (6 pizza rolls for 4 lunches is about 1.5 pizza rolls each).
- Cook the cauliflower rice while the chicken is in the oven. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add cauliflower rice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir frequently and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is softened (taste to check if you like the consistency). Set aside and portion into meal prep containers when cool.
- Finally, portion the pineapple chunks into the meal prep containers. TIP: Using reusable silicone baking cups to store your pineapple lets you quickly remove the pineapple from the container so you can microwave the rest of the meal without microwaving your pineapple. If you don’t like pineapple with your pizza, just replace with another fruit or vegetable you do like with your pizza. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days.
Parmesan cauliflower rice portion of the recipe adapted from 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes from Sweet Peas and Saffron.
- Serving Size: 1 meal prep lunch
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: meal prep, chicken, chicken thigh, pizza, make ahead