This One Serving Vegetable Pork Bowl is a simple stir fry recipe that is packed with flavor and perfect for one! Seasoned ground pork and vegetables in a delicious sauce come together in just 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup spinach, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- In a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil 30 seconds. Add pork and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until completely cooked, about 4 minutes. Transfer pork to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Stir in spinach, soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach wilts, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into bowl with pork, then pour contents over cooked rice in a large serving dish. Enjoy!
For an individual helping of rice, simply add 1/4 cup rice, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 tablespoon butter, and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt to an oven-safe ramekin or 5″ × 5″ baking dish. Preheat your oven to 325°F, then bake the rice for 40 minutes until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Excerpted from The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook by Joanie Zisk. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
- Serving Size: Entire Recipe
- Calories: 546
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: one serving, ground pork, vegetables, stir fry, dinner, paleo