This One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is a weeknight dinner dream! Made with sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach, garlic, and Italian sausage, this family friendly dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 10 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 10 ounces Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (dry, not packed in oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 + 1/2 cups water
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Cook sausage & pasta: In a large pot over high heat, add spaghetti, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and water. Stir and bring to a boil uncovered, then reduce heat to medium high and cook for 10-11 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn’t stick.
- Add veggies & cheese: Add spinach to the pot and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes while stirring, until the spinach is completely wilted and almost all of the water has reduced from the pot. Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes, then mix. A thin sauce will form from the remaining pasta water and cheese. Serve with additional parm and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Leftovers are really good as cold pasta salad or reheated on the stove top or microwave with a couple tablespoons of water. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: one pot, pasta, sausage pasta, dinner, main dish, spaghetti, sausage, spinach