No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Date Nut Bars – Naturally sweetened with dates and full of pumpkin seeds! Homemade bars with that pumpkin spice life!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates (see notes)
- 1/3 cup sea salt flavored pumpkin seeds, no shells
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add walnuts and cashews to a food processor and pulse several times until the nuts are chopped into very small pieces.
- Add dates to the food processor, and pulse again until the dates and nuts are processed and well-mixed.
- Add most of the pumpkin seeds (save some for topping), chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Pulse a couple times to mix, then drizzle with water. Pulse again until the mixture becomes sticky and holds together in your hand.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, and dump the mixture into the dish. Use additional parchment paper or a large bottom glass to flatten the mixture out to all sides of the baking dish. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and use parchment paper or your fingers to push the seeds into the mixture so they stick.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cut into 8 bars and enjoy. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, wrapped individually or in a sealed container.
Dates: I’ve purchased organic pitted dates at Costco and Trader Joe’s! They seem to be available more and more regularly.
Original date bars inspired by Nutty Espresso Bars from Paleo Scaleo. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal. Update: Video added 9/30/17.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g