Prep: 5 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
A simple explanation of how to make the EASIEST quinoa ever, in your rice cooker!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1–14.5 ounce can of chicken broth (can sub vegetable broth or water if necessary)
- coconut oil
- pinch of salt, optional (I do not add extra salt if I use chicken broth)
- rice cooker required
- Using a mesh strainer, rinse your quinoa under cold water for 15-20 seconds, if desired. You can also buy pre-rinsed quinoa (check the package).
- Using a paper towel, wipe coconut oil on the inside of the rice cooker dish, including the bottom and up the first half of the sides of the dish. This prevents sticking.
- Add quinoa and broth to the rice cooker. No need to stir.
- Set on white rice setting (or rice setting if no options).
- When the rice cooker beeps, open the lid and let the quinoa cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff the quinoa gently. It is now ready to be used in another recipe or put into lunch bowls made ahead. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Update: Video added on 4/22/17.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup dry
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 7g