Just like your favorite chicken burrito bowls from Chipotle, but marinated and cooked at home!
- 2 pounds fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Tenderize your chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer or pounder.
- In a bowl, place the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and use a fork to crush the chipotle peppers a little bit. Add salt, oregano, cumin, and minced garlic into peppers and sauce. Mix well.
- Place all items in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Double bag to avoid leakage if you want. Let chicken marinate for 12-48 hours.
- Grilling is the best method of cooking this chicken. Let some sauce drip off before cooking on a hot grill for 30-45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Best in burritos, taco salads, quesadillas, and more!
Thanks a million to Reddit user BaroccoliObama for this recipe and permission to share it on Project Meal Plan! Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces chicken
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Protein: 28.5g