Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe – Super healthy takeout style fried cauliflower rice.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (separated)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped (I used about 10 baby carrots)
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces riced/shredded cauliflower (about 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or a big pinch!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- green onions, for garnish
- Heat one tablespoon of toasted sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium to medium-high heat. When hot, add carrots, red pepper, and onions. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining toasted sesame oil. Add the cauliflower and frozen peas (wait a couple extra minutes to add if they are not frozen). Cook for 6-7 more minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower softens.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and ground ginger. Stir until incorporated.
- Move all ingredients to the sides of the wok to create a circle or well in the middle of the pan exposing the wok, about the size of a mason jar lid.
- Add whisked eggs to the center of the wok. Wait for approximately 30 seconds, then begin to scramble the eggs into the cauliflower rice while the dish continues to cook.
- When the eggs are done cooking, remove from heat and serve immediately. Store leftover in airtight containers in the fridge.
Feel free to try this recipe with your choice of veggies – broccoli, cabbage, zucchini…
I’ve never tried freezing riced cauliflower but I’m sure you can!
Recipe inspired by Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice by Jessica at Jay’s Baking Me Crazy.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Protein: 7.9g