This Easy Strawberry Sauce is AMAZING – you won’t believe you can make it at home! My version is sweetened with honey and takes just 20 minutes – no blender or special equipment required. It’s a hit at brunch, or stash it in the fridge for your ice cream and pancakes!!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, roughly chopped (about 2-2.5 cups packed; or 12-16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon’s worth)
- pinch sea salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together (can sub arrowroot)
- Place the strawberries, honey, lemon juice, and salt into a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Continue simmering for about 10 minutes total, until the strawberries are very soft.
- Add the starch slurry (optional for thickening), then cook for about 2 more minutes as the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and enjoy immediately, or let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes and transfer to an airtight container (I usually just stick it in a mason jar). Will last in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for 3-4 months.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: sauce, strawberries, strawberry sauce, toppings, dessert, breakfast, pancake topping, easy recipe, recipe