Creamy whipped Greek yogurt meets apple season! These Cinnamon Apple Whipped Yogurt Cups are the best way to use up plain Greek yogurt! Easy to make and perfect for breakfast or dessert meal prep for the week!
Cinnamon Apple Mixture
- 1 large apple, cored and finely diced
- 3/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon’s worth)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together (can sub arrowroot)
Whipped Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup whole fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Cook the apples: Combine all the cinnamon apple mixture ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 or 8 minutes, or until the apples are softened but not mushy. Next, add the cornstarch and water slurry and stir for 1-2 minutes while the apples continue to simmer and the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool while you whip the yogurt. Add the cinnamon apples to a wide/shallow dish and place it in the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes. The mixture can also be made a few hours ahead or the night before.
- Whip the yogurt: Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or use a hand mixer. Begin mixing on low for about 20 seconds, until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt, then increase power to the highest speed. Continue whisking for about 2 minutes, pausing to push down the sides and give it a quick stir. Blend for another 2 minutes. It will thicken slightly in the fridge overnight.
- Assemble yogurt cups: Once the cinnamon apples have cooled to room temperature, take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and mix it into the whipped Greek yogurt. Distribute all of the whipped Greek yogurt and all of the cinnamon apple mixture evenly between four cups or bowls with airtight lids (at least 8 ounces). Put the fruit on the bottom, on the top, or make layers like a parfait. Serve with granola or fresh apple slices if desired. Lasts up to 5 days in the fridge.
This is a flavored version of my original Whipped Greek Yogurt recipe. Try these other variations: Strawberry, Pumpkin Spice, and Peppermint Chocolate. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 yogurt cup
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: yogurt, greek yogurt, meal prep, mason jars, apples, cinnamon apple, whipped yogurt