How about some pancakes with a little holiday cheer? These Double Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes are perfectly qualified to satisfy your sweet tooth while also packing a little more protein than your average chocolate breakfast treat!
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (I use this kind)
- 1 1/3 cups milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk works great)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup white or milk chocolate chips
- 1 crushed candy cane (optional but so delicious and fun)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes mix, cocoa powder, and espresso powder until well mixed and no lumps remain. Add milk, eggs, and peppermint extract and stir until combined and batter is formed. If the mixture is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of milk. Finally, add mix-ins – chocolate chips and crushed candy cane.
- Heat a large skillet (or griddle) over low-medium heat. Wait 2-3 minutes for the pan to heat up and then coat with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of batter on to skillet or griddle for each pancake. Let the pancakes cook for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Flip when bubbles form on the surface and do not fill with batter, and the edges are no longer shiny. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, checking the bottom for a dark golden brown color.
- Repeat until your batter is gone, spraying the pan between each set of pancakes. Recipe makes approximately 8 pancakes. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
The crushed candy cane is not essential, but it makes the pancakes a tiny bit sweeter!
You can also create a version of this recipe using Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Flapjack Mix, but this tends to be more expensive since I can’t get the chocolate version at Costco. I also like it this way better!
Nutritional information estimated with My Fitness Pal and does not include any toppings.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 18g