This Chicken & Hummus Plate Lunch Meal Prep is so simple yet incredibly filling and delicious! Get back to basics with some fresh cut bell pepper, carrot, cucumbers, paired with a perfect portion of chicken breast, cheese slices, and grapes for a touch of sweetness.
- 16 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (see notes for cooking method ideas)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 bunch of red seedless grapes
- 4 ounces cheese (I used smoked gouda)
- 8 ounces hummus
- your favorite cracker, pretzel thins, or pita chips (stored separately)
- Prep & portion produce: Wash and prep the cucumber, bell pepper, carrot and grapes, then separate into four even portions and add to meal prep containers.
- Prep & portion non-produce: Cut and add 4 ounces chicken breast and 1 ounce cheese, as well as 2 ounces hummus to each container. Use a kitchen scale if needed. Pictured are these 3 compartment glass meal prep containers .
- Serve & Store: Enjoy immediately with crackers or pretzels. Keep stored in airtight meal prep containers in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days for best quality.
Chicken: Use leftover chicken or cook it up using any method you prefer. For the photos above, I used grilled chicken breasts. You could also cook fresh or thawed chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with 1 cup broth on high pressure for 7 minutes, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Here’s a great oven baked method. For the recipe video, I used this stovetop method for the boneless skinless chicken breasts shown.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and does not include additions like pretzels or crackers. Recipe video added 9/12/19.
- Serving Size: 1 meal prep lunch
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: lunch, meal prep, hummus plate, chicken, cold lunch, cucumbers