The easiest prep-ahead breakfast, now in carrot cake form! Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are loaded with shredded carrots, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg – PLUS my not-so-secret ingredient: applesauce!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar or other container with lid and stir until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight. Store in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days.
Add more or less maple syrup depending on how sweet you like your oats. Add more almond milk if you like a thinner consistency of oats. Make additional batches of the recipe to prep breakfast for the next few days.
Nutrition information estimated with MyFitnessPal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Protein: 10g