These Blackberry Bran Muffins are a delicious addition to your breakfast or snack routine, and they’re freezer-friendly! Loaded with zucchini, blackberries, and wheat bran, they’re a nice balance between a halfway healthy breakfast and dessert.
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 cups fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and bran together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix melted room temp butter with light brown sugar, molasses, zucchini, and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, and then gently fold in blackberries (try not to burst!).
- Grease and fill a muffin tin nearly to the top with batter and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- To freeze: Cool muffins completely, then store in a gallon size freezer bag for up to 1 month. Leave out on the counter for 30 minutes to thaw.
Recipe by Sarah Sanneh; reproduced with permission and rewritten for clarity. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal based on 28 muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g