Black beans, sweet potatoes, and spicy BBQ sauce. A match made in side dish heaven!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into small bite sized cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans with liquid
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce (we like Trader Joe’s Sriracha Garlic BBQ Sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir to evenly disperse ingredients.
- Cook in crock pot on HIGH for 2 hours and 30 minutes. For softer potatoes, cook for an additional 15 minutes.
If you’re meal prepping this as a side dish for lunches, store in an airtight container and use within 4 days.
Recipe inspired by Barbecued Black Beans with Sweet Potatoes by Barbara Jean Fabel from Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
- Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Fat: .1g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 6.4g