Banana Protein Pancakes Recipe – Delicious, healthy way to eat cake for breakfast! With a little extra protein!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you are into cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until chunky and soup-ish.
- Add eggs and stir until mixed.
- Add half of the Kodiak Cakes mix, and stir until incorporated. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds until loosely incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of the water and stir until mixed. Depending on how thick you like your pancakes, add small amounts of remaining water until pancake batter is your preferred thickness. I added an additional 1/4 cup water after the initial cup of water. Stir until batter is well mixed.
- Heat a large skillet (or griddle) over slightly lower than medium heat. Coat with non-stick cooking spray and wait 2-3 minutes for the pan to heat up.
- Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of batter on to skillet. I cooked two at a time so they would not touch in the pan.
- Let the pancakes cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Flip pancakes when bubbles form on the surface and do not fill with batter. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, checking the bottom for golden brown color.
- Repeat until your batter is gone, spraying the pan between each set of pancakes. Top with sliced bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, berries, whipped cream…
Note: For evenly portioned pancakes, I used a 2/3 measuring cup to scoop my pancake batter. Fill it half-ish full and cook evenly for pancakes similar to the ones pictured.
Prep: If you’re meal prepping, store in a freezer Ziploc bag. When you’re ready to eat them, either pull them out of the freezer the night before to eat them cold on the go. Or re-heat in the toaster or microwave when you need them!
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Protein: 18.5g