Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Mounds are a simple two-bite sized dessert, made with only 5-ingredients and no flour, eggs, or oil. Use up your ripe bananas and satisfy your chocolate cravings at the same time!
- 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas, peeled (about 12 ounces without peels)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or steel cut)
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I use cashew or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add bananas to a large mixing bowl and use a fork to mash the bananas well.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl by microwaving in 15-30 second spurts and stirring after every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and completely melted.
- Add chocolate and all remaining ingredients (oats, nut butter, cinnamon and salt) to the bananas and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be wet and scoopable.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place circular mounds about 1.5 inches wide on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. The cookie mounds will not spread or flatten and can be placed about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information estimated with MyFitnessPal.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie mound
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 1g