Classic tuna melt meets pita wrap sandwich in this super easy lunch creation for two! Homemade tuna salad topped with fresh sliced tomato and melty cheddar cheese over a soft warm pita – lunch dreams are made of these Tuna Melt Pita Sandwiches!
- 1 (5 ounce) can of tuna, drained
- 1 large dill pickle, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Greek style pitas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sliced tomato (optional)
- Make the tuna salad: In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, celery, mayo, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Make the pitas: Divide the tuna salad between the two pitas, putting the tuna salad only on half of the pita. Put your tomatoes on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Leave the pita open-faced and place in a toaster oven or regular oven. Toast for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melty on top to your liking. Save leftover tuna salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 pita sandwich
- Calories: 481
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: tuna, tuna salad, tuna melt, pita bread, pita sandwich, lunch