A simple small batch recipe for homemade applesauce that makes your house smell AMAZING, and is so fresh and delicious!
- 2 organic Gala apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 organic Fuji apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- Add apples, honey, water and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for around 20 minutes, or until the apples are very tender. If mashing by hand, heat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Use a potato masher, immersion blender, or food processor to blend until the applesauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days.
Apples: Please note you can use any variety of apples to make applesauce – this is just the exact recipe I used. I was unable to find McIntosh so I used the sweeter varieties of apples for my applesauce. Peeling is not required, but recommended if not using a food processor or blender.
Recipe adapted from Sarah’s Applesauce Recipe from AllRecipes.