A pesto twist on the classic hummus, plus, have you tried it with veggies in a mason jar?
- 1–15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (half one lemon)
- 3 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- carrots and celery, any veggies of your choice
- optional: parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a food processor until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of water for thinner and smoother hummus.
- Wash, cut and prepare your veggies. Be sure to note the height of your mason jar, and cut your veggies 1/2 inch to 1 inch shorter than the mason jar. That way they will fit with the lid on.
- Fill jars with approximately 3 tablespoons hummus, then veggies. Hummus makes up to 6 mason jar servings. Store for up to 5 days.
For 4 mason jars, I used 6 medium sized carrots and 1 bunch of celery. Feel free to use your favorites.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 3g