This Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken Noodles Meal Prep is an easy meal prep option and a great way to add some variety to your normal lunch routine! Served with broccoli and pad thai rice noodles!
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–1.25 pounds fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large)
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (8-ounce) box rice noodles (I used Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles )
- Optional garnishes: lime juice, chopped cilantro or crushed peanuts
- Make the sauce: Add sauce ingredients (coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and garlic) to a mason jar and shake until well mixed.
- Cook the chicken: Add the chicken breasts and sauce to the slow cooker and set to LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 1-2 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked through. The chicken should be easy to pull apart and shred with two forks in the peanut sauce. Shred all the chicken and then add the broccoli florets. Stir to mix, then put the lid back on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for another 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is cooked through and fork tender.
- Make the noodles: After adding the broccoli to the slow cooker, prepare the pad thai rice noodles on the stovetop according to package directions, following the minimum cook time listed. Rinse with cold water.
- Portion and store: Portion the cooked noodles and peanut chicken broccoli mixture into airtight containers, garnish, store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4 days!
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 590
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: slow cooker, peanut chicken, meal prep, peanut noodles, chicken breast, main dish, easy recipe