No need to heat up the oven – you can roast garlic in your air fryer! It’s quicker than using the oven and simple even for air fryer beginners. Here’s How to Roast Garlic in an Air Fryer!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Prepare the garlic bulb: Peel the papery outside wrapping from the garlic bulb. Slice the top 1/4 inch off the garlic head to expose the cloves. Place each garlic head into the center of a piece of aluminum foil and pull the sides up, but leave the top open. Drizzle the garlic bulb with oil and then wrap tightly, sealing the foil at the top.
- Air fry to perfection: Place 1-4 prepared garlic bulbs into the air fryer basket, being sure that the foil is below the “max fill” line. Air fry at 390F for 20-30 minutes, or until the cloves are soft and the top is barely golden. Check at 15 minutes for small heads of garlic.
- Storage: Leave cloves in the bulb and wrapped in foil and store in the refrigerator for up to one week, removing roasted garlic cloves as needed. Store mashed roasted garlic cloves in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze mashed garlic cloves in an ice cube tray for small even portioning (use a silicone freezer tray or line the ice cube tray with plastic wrap and then use it to pull the frozen garlic cubes from the tray). Store frozen cubes in an airtight container or freezer bag and use within 6 months.
I use the Philips 2.75 qt Viva Air Fryer which could snuggly fit up to 4 heads of garlic at once. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 head of garlic
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: air fryer, garlic, roasted garlic, easy recipe, appetizer