These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Breakfast Bars are a recreation of classic Rice Krispie Treats that you can make-ahead for an on-the-go breakfast or snack! Packed with coconut flakes, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and sweetened with maple syrup, everyone will love these bars!
- 2/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (reduced or no sugar if possible)
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (if your PB is unsalted)
- Make the mixture: Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil to a medium pot. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from heat. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, including crispy brown rice cereal, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and dried coconut flakes. Mix everything together until the peanut butter mixture is evenly dispersed.
- Press and chill: Pour the mixture into the prepared 8×8 baking dish. Use a flat spatula or the back of a measuring cup to flatten the mixture into the baking dish, especially into the corners. Chill in the fridge for about 40 minutes, then cut into 12 bars and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Optional protein addition: Add 1/2 cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides after melting the peanut butter and maple syrup together to add a little protein! This is a flavorless protein powder that dissolves in warm mixtures. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: rice krispies, peanut butter, rice krispie bar, breakfast bar, brown crispy rice, sunflower seeds