Pumpkin Spice Whipped Greek Yogurt is an incredible make-ahead protein packed dessert that tastes JUST LIKE pumpkin pie filling – made with plain Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, and sweetened only with maple syrup.
- 1 cup whole fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (unsweetened with pumpkin as the only ingredient)
- Add all ingredients except the canned pumpkin to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or use a hand mixer. Begin mixing on low for about 20 seconds, until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt. Slowly increase power to the highest speed.
- After about 2 minutes of whisking, reduce speed and shut off mixer. Use a spatula to give the yogurt a quick mix – push down the sides of the bowl and make sure the very bottom is mixed in.
- Continue mixing for another 2-3 minutes, or until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. The peaks will not be super stiff, but will still stand up.
- Add the canned pumpkin to the mixing bowl and fold in by hand until well mixed.
- Place the mixture into individual portion containers or a large bowl with a lid. Enjoy now or place in the fridge for 3-4 hours – the whipped Greek yogurt will thicken as it chills. Top with whipped cream if you wish!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This recipe is based on my original Whipped Greek Yogurt recipe. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal and does not include any toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 5g