Pizza + Waffles made super easy at home! Stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni, plus packed with protein!
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 20-25 slices turkey pepperoni (or any pepperoni)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Heat up your waffle iron. In a large bowl, mix waffle mix, cheddar cheese, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes, and sea salt.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir to slightly incorporate ingredients, then add remaining water and stir (it’s easier to stir a little water in at a time). Stir until just mixed.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray between each waffle.
- Using a 2/3 cup measuring cup, place almost a 2/3 cup full of waffle batter on the waffle iron. Add 5 slices of pepperoni, followed by a large pinch of mozzarella cheese (see photos above for example). Quickly add about 1/3 cup (your measuring cup half full) on top of the pepperoni and cheese. Be careful not to move the cheese around – “set” the batter on top of the cheese rather than spread.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat 3-4 additional times until all the batter is used.
- Serve with pizza sauce and parmesan cheese.
Meal prep: Store in a Ziploc bag and eat within 3 days. You can also FREEZE these for later eating. Take one out the night before you want to eat it. Reheat in a toaster oven for 4-5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 403 calories per waffle
- Fat: 14.4g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4g
- Protein: 31.2g