Peppermint Chocolate Whipped Greek Yogurt is a dark chocolate lover’s dream – naturally sweetened with maple syrup, rich and chocolatey to hit those cravings, and packed with 7 grams of protein per serving from the Greek yogurt!
- 1 + 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt (2% or whole fat)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup (3 for normal sweetness, 4 if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-process or natural)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients except cocoa powder and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or use a hand mixer.
- Begin mixing on low for about 20 seconds, until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt. Slowly increase power to the highest speed.
- After about 2 minutes of whisking, reduce speed and shut off mixer. Use a spatula to give the yogurt a quick mix – push down the sides of the bowl and make sure the very bottom is mixed in. Continue mixing for another 2 minutes, or until peaks form when the whisk is removed. The peaks will not be super stiff, but will still stand up.
- Add the cocoa powder to the bowl. Mix on low-medium until the cocoa powder is mixed in. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and give it a quick stir by hand to mix completely.
- It’s ready! Eat now, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The whipped yogurt will thicken in the fridge and will have a more mousse-like texture after being in the fridge overnight.
Based on my original Whipped Greek Yogurt Recipe. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 7g