Fluffy, soft, and delicious zucchini muffins made without flour! These Pancake Mix Zucchini Muffins are meal prep friendly, freezer-friendly, and made in one bowl. Perfect for busy mornings or snack on the go!
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 2 1/4 cups just add water pancake mix (I prefer Kodiak Cakes!)
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Prep your zucchini by grating with a box grater. Use a bit of cheesecloth or paper towel to squeeze all the zucchini shreds and remove excess water. Use cooking spray or avocado oil to grease a 12 count muffin pan, or use silicone baking liners (I do not recommend paper for these, they’ll stick!).
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, mix the zucchini, pancake mix, milk, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in. Divide all the batter between the prepared 12 muffin tin wells. They’ll be filled almost to the top. Sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake: Bake muffins in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Muffins are done baking when they’re golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for a couple minutes, then use a butter knife around the edges of the muffins to gently loosen from the sides. Place muffins on a cooling rack and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal. Recipe adapted from Banana Chocolate Chip Power Muffins by Kodiak Cakes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: pancake mix, muffins, zucchini, zucchini muffins, kodiak cakes, breakfast, freezer friendly