Make drop biscuits without flour! No rolling or cutting, and made with just 5 ingredients. These Pancake Mix Cheddar Drop Biscuits are easy, cheesy, and the perfect make-ahead compliment to any meal!
- 2 cups ‘just add water’ pancake mix
- 1 1/3 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (+ more for topping)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Make biscuits: Add the pancake mix, 1 cup of cheese (reserve 1/3 cup for topping), milk, butter, garlic powder and black pepper to a medium mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix until the batter comes together. The batter should be sticky, a little shaggy and quite a bit thicker than pancake batter. Divide the bowl of batter into 12 equal piles of dough on your baking sheet using a spoon or scoop. Use your fingers to flatten the biscuits just slightly, then top with a little bit of remaining shredded cheddar cheese on each.
- Bake: Bake biscuits for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges near the bottom are golden brown and the cheese on top is bubbling. The bottoms should be golden brown if you give them a peek. Let them cool for a few minutes, then enjoy warm!
- Reheat: If I’m making a meal, I’ll stick room temperature premade biscuits into a warm appliance, if possible, for about 5 minutes. This includes the oven, toaster oven, and air fryer. Otherwise, to warm from room temperature, place in an oven or toaster oven and use the ‘Warm’ or “Low” setting for 5 minutes. To warm from frozen, wrap in foil and heat in an oven or toaster oven at 300F for 20 minutes, or until they’re warm and no longer frozen in the middle.
I used Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix, but any ‘just add water’ pancake mix that includes leavener (baking soda) should work. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: biscuits, drop biscuits, sides, cheddar, pancake mix, cheddar biscuits