Muffins are so easy to make at home! Even easier when they’re made completely in a blender. These Oatmeal Applesauce Blender Muffins are full of rolled oats, applesauce, cinnamon, and they’re a perfect breakfast meal prep for the week.
- 2 + 1/2 cups rolled oats (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Use cooking spray or avocado oil to grease a 12 count muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients: Add 2 cups (save the other 1/2 cup) rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt to a high speed blender such as a Vitamix. Place the lid on and pulse on high until the oats have been processed into a powder (20-30 seconds). It’s okay if it looks a little clumpy. Pour the freshly made oat flour mixture from the blender into a medium mixing bowl and set aside for now.
- Mix wet ingredients: To the now empty blender, add eggs, applesauce, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend these ingredients together on high until completely smooth and well mixed.
- Put it together: On top of the wet ingredients in the blender, add the oat flour mixture. Blend again until smooth and no dry pockets remain. Scrape down the sides if necessary. Add the remaining 1/2 cup oats and use a rubber spatula or scraper tool to mix.
- Bake: Pour the batter into a greased 12-count muffin tin, dividing equally between all 12 wells (about 3/4 full). Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store: These muffins will last up to 5 days kept in a sealed container at room temperature. They will last up to 3 months in a sealed container in the freezer.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 144
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: muffin, breakfast, applesauce, oatmeal, oat flour, blender muffins