A simple stir-fry style recipe that’s quick and easy to throw together. Pair with white or brown rice for the perfect Sunday Meal Prep bowls!
- 16–20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice of choice + cooking liquid
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, woody stems removed, cut into 2–3 inch spears
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons EVOO or avocado oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water stirred into a slurry
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt/pepper
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (ground chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- Cook rice: Prepare your rice according to package directions in water or broth (I use a rice cooker and chicken broth for mine).
- Make sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to a mason jar or small bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Cook stir fry: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken pieces are about halfway cooked. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and asparagus to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, stirring frequently, until the asparagus are bright green yet still firm and the chicken is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium low. Add the sauce and the frozen peas. Stir until everything is evenly coated in sauce, and sauce begins to bubble. Add the cornstarch slurry and stir until the sauce has thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve & store: Serve immediately with rice, or portion rice and stir fry into four airtight containers and enjoy within 4 days.
This dish is mildly spicy, so if you don’t like the spice, leave out the sriracha and/or Sambal Oelek.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal. Adapted from Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry from The Food Network.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 514
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Protein: 39g