Make this Lazy No-Chop Tuna Salad without spending any time chopping! It’s quick and tasty, using dill pickle relish and spices for max flavor in a seriously short time. Works great as a make-ahead cold lunch option!
- 2 (5-ounce) cans of tuna fish packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I use avocado oil mayo)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- (optional) 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Flake tuna: In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the drained tuna. Use a fork to flake the tuna into smaller pieces so no large chunks remain.
- Add & mix: Add the remaining ingredients, including the mayonnaise, relish, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and optional mustard. Stir until everything is well mixed together in a semi-thick tuna salad.
- Serve & store: Serve immediately on bread, in lettuce wraps, or make into a tuna melt! About 1/2 cup of tuna salad fits comfortably on a sandwich like the one pictured. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Relish: You can find small jars of dill pickle relish in the pickle & condiment aisle of the grocery store. I used Vlasic brand! Tuna: I prefer to use sustainably caught albacore tuna packed in water. Pouches will also work. Two (5 ounce) cans of tuna equals about 8 ounces of drained tuna. Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: tuna, tuna salad, tuna sandwich, no chop, lunch, make ahead, meal prep