These Cheddar Veggie Instant Pot Egg Bites are here to shake up your breakfast meal prep routine! Add mushrooms and broccoli to these deliciously cheesy egg bites (made without cottage cheese!) for a quick grab & go meal!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream OR Original Unsweetened Nutpods (*see note)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) cream cheese
- dash of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large broccoli floret
- 1 small white mushroom, sliced
- Blend & prep: Blend all the ingredients except the veggies in a blender or Nutribullet until smooth. Grease the silicone egg bite mold (I use Avocado Spray Oil). Break up the broccoli floret and the mushrooms with your fingers and put a few pieces into each egg well. Pour the egg/cheese mixture into the egg mold on top of the veggies, dividing evenly between all seven wells. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pressure cook: Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Set the full egg bite mold on the wire trivet rack (that came with the Instant Pot!) and then carefully lower the mold into the Instant Pot. Close the lid, seal the valve, and Cook on High Pressure or Manual for 8 minutes, then let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes. Release the remaining pressure, open up the lid, and carefully remove the egg bites.
- Serve & store: Let everything cool for at least a minute or two, then remove the foil and use a fork or spoon to pull the egg bites from the mold. To save for later, store egg bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 4-5 days. To reheat, place two or three egg bites on a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds. That’s it!
Nutpods: Nutpods are a brand of dairy free cream alternative made from coconuts and almonds. In this recipe, I like to use the original flavor of Nutpods in place of heavy cream to reduce the calories in an already dairy heavy recipe. Please feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 2 egg bites
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: breakfast, egg bite, eggs, instant pot, meal prep