Creamy, dreamy and definitely the most delicious form of Greek yogurt I’ve ever had! Learn how to make whipped Greek yogurt, my new favorite no-bake dessert to enjoy right now or store in the fridge for tomorrow. Serve with fresh fruit and graham crackers, or just eat it plain!
- 1 cup whole fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or coconut cream – see note)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or use a hand mixer.
- Begin mixing on low for about 20 seconds, until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt. Slowly increase power to the highest speed.
- After about 2 minutes of whisking, reduce speed and shut off mixer. Use a spatula to give the yogurt a quick mix – push down the sides of the bowl and make sure the very bottom is mixed in.
- Continue mixing for another 2-3 minutes, or until peaks form when the whisk is removed. The peaks will not be super stiff, but will still stand up.
- It’s ready! Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The whipped yogurt will thicken slightly in the fridge. Honestly it’s never lasted more than 1 night in the fridge at my house!
Coconut cream: This recipe also works well with coconut cream substituted 1:1 in place of whipping cream. There’s a slight coconut taste, but the texture is virtually the same and there’s approximately 70 less calories in each batch. Coconut cream is the thicker top layer in a can of full-fat coconut milk.
Double or triple the recipe to serve as a dip for a crowd! Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: about 1/3 cup
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 5g