Here’s how to cook quinoa in the Instant Pot! Great for meal prepping or a side dish to any meal!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup liquid or broth
- coconut oil
- pinch of salt, optional (see note)
- Instant Pot (affiliate link!!)
- Using a paper towel, wipe coconut oil on the inside of the Instant Pot, including inside the bottom and up the bottom half of the cooking insert pot. This prevents sticking, though it is not required.
- Add quinoa and liquid to the Instant Pot. Jiggle the Instant Pot insert to make sure all the quinoa is covered with water.
- Place the lid on, make sure the steam release is Sealed, and set the Instant Pot to Manual or Pressure Cook for 1 minute.
- When it’s done pressure cooking, let the steam naturally release for 10 minutes, then hit the quick release valve. The quinoa will continue to cook during this time.
- After the float valve has gone down, remove the lid and fluff your quinoa with a fork. Use in any recipes or as a side dish! Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This recipe is based on the Instant Pot Duo Plus 6-qt User Manual quinoa cooking ratio and has worked for me 100% of the time. Please keep in mind that due to the nature of pressure cooking, there may be inconsistencies with more complicated recipes or when adjusting this recipe to meet your needs.
I don’t add any salt if I’m using broth instead of water.
This recipe can be doubled – just stick to the 1 : 1.25 quinoa to water ratio.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 4g