This Whole30 & Paleo meal prep recipe is a quick and easy addition to your lunch rotation! These Ginger Ground Beef Bowls are packed with carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower rice, grass-fed ground beef, and a simple sauce to pull it all together. Gluten free, dairy free and done in 30 minutes!
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (*see note)
For the meal prep:
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef (I use ButcherBox)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (about a 1.5 inch long root)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 4–5 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- garnish with green onions & sesame seeds
- Make the sauce: In a bowl or jar with a lid, combine coconut aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, red pepper flakes and fish sauce. Shake or stir until combined, then set aside.
- Cook the stir fry: Place a large deep non-stick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add ground beef and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Cook the meat for about 6 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and make a small well in the center of the pan. Add garlic and ginger, then saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Finally, add the red bell pepper, carrots, and sauce to the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened.
- Meal prep it: Add 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice to each meal prep container. Portion the ginger ground beef evenly between 4 meal prep containers. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if you wish. Store in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Portioning: This meal prep recipe can make 4 or 5 servings depending on how much you want to eat per serving. When served with cauliflower rice, I make four servings. When served with a grain such as rice, I make five portions as the grain adds extra calories. Fish Sauce: I use Red Boat Fish Sauce which is Whole30 friendly. Make sure your fish sauce has no added sugar or MSG. Cauliflower rice: I’ve been getting the Green Giant brand riced cauliflower from the freezer section and it is a TIME/LIFE SAVER. But feel free to use homemade riced cauliflower if you want.
Nutrition information estimated with My Fitness Pal.
- Serving Size: 1 meal prep bowl
- Calories: 532
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 49g
Keywords: meal prep, whole30, ground beef, ginger, cauliflower rice, beef, grass fed, meal prep bowls, lunch